A safety device has been set up for Habits de Lumière 2017, in link with the State Departments. A screening of people taking place, it is advised to come early and to carry no bag.
For Pedestrians :
There will be 5 ports of entry and exit, accessible in the avenue de Champagne, from 4.00 pm, on Friday 8th and Saturday 9th December :
- square place de la République ;
- street rue Jean Chandon-Moët ;
- street rue Godart-Roger ;
- street rue de Verdun
- up the avenue de Champagne (area place de Champagne-rue Emmanuel-Chabrier).
A screening with palpation shall be made by security officers equipped with metal detectors. They will ask people to open their bags. It is therefore advised to carry no bag, the screening starting as from 4.00 pm.
For Vehicles :
Incoming traffic and parking shall be forbidden in the avenue de Champagne and in street rue de Verdun on Friday 8th December from 2.00 pm until 2.00 am and on Saturday 9th December from 3.00 pm until 4.00 am.
However, the residents will be able to go out by car until 5.30 pm via street rue Godart-Roger.
The other streets adjacent to avenue de Champagne are also concerned:
- from Thursday 7th December from 8.00 am until Sunday 10th December at 2.00 pm, the traffic of lorries shall be forbidden street rue Henri-Lelarge ;
- from Thursday 7th December to Monday 11th December at 5.00 pm, streets rues Pupin, Croix-de-Bussy and René-Lemaire shall be closed to traffic and parking ;
- from Friday 8th December at 2.00 pm to Sunday 10th December at 4.00 am, traffic and parking shall be forbidden streets rues d'Alsace and de Lorraine.
As regards the whole device, no exemption shall be allowed.